Accessibility Tools

Skip to main content

Book Lodging

Lodging during COVID-19

Due to COVID-19, incoming members may have to quarantine. Please contact your sponsor for additional guidance.

Make a Reservation ASAP Without Orders

Who: DoD member, sponsor, or spouse can reserve a room. Credit card info is needed to confirm reservation.

How: To request a room, visit AF Lodging to see available options.  You may need to email the DoD member’s name, arrival date, how many family members, ages and number of children (if any), pets (if any), and contact info.

When: At most locations you can make reservations up to 6 months in advance without PCS orders (Orders are needed at check-in).

NOTE: Delayed flight or problem arriving to the base? You should contact lodging if you are unable to check in on time, otherwise your room may be released.

Lodging Prior to Departure

CONUS Temporary Lodging Expense (TLE) You may be authorized reiumbursement.  Check your orders and keep receipts. 

Visit AF Lodging or vistit 11 FSS or 316 FSS websites on our Home page.

Lodging Upon Arrival

Local Accomodations:

You and your family will probably reside in temporary quarters until you are able to secure permanent housing and arrange HHG delivery. Visit AF Lodging to see what options are available.

Your sponsor may be able to assist with temporary living arrangements and/or temporary furnishing, if necessary. Searching for and moving into a house usually takes a month, but may take longer if you are waiting for a specific home to be vacated.


Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA) and Temporary Quarters Subsidy Allowance (TQSA) 

When authorized, Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA) reimburses Airmen for overseas government lodging and meals in 10-night increments.

Temporary Quarters Subsidy Allowance (TQSA) reimburses civilians for overseas government lodging and meals in 30-night increments.

Joint Travel Regulations at your fingertips!

Length of Stay

There may be a maximum period of lodging in many overseas locations.  See below for general guidance, but verify with local lodging, as conditions could be different.

Active Duty - 30 days inbound and 10 days outbound. 

Civilian - 90 days inbound and 30 days outbound (make reservations in 30 day increments inbound and may request extension if more than 90 days is needed). Contact Civilian Personnel Office for more information.

Pets & Lodging

TLF usually accepts pets! Contact the chosen lodging for availability and specific requirements/guidance.

  • At check-in, you are usually required to present a rabies certification, at a minimum, for your pet, so be sure to have this available.
  • Pets must always be on a leash
  • Lodging costs for pets are at your own expense; verify if there is a daily fee or pet cleaning fee
  • Kennels may be available in the area
  • Dog park may be available in the area

Off-base Lodging

Everyone must first try to secure lodging on-base. If there are no vacancies, you will be required to obtain a statement of non-availability prior to obtaining off-base lodging or risk not being eligible for temporary lodging allowance (TLA) reimbursement!