Accessibility Tools

Skip to main content

Book Travel

When to Book Flights

Once you receive travel orders, contact the nearest Traffic Management Office (TMO). All official travel will be arranged by TMO in accordance with DoD order of precedence. Additional travel information can be found on Defense Traffic Management Office website.

Passenger Travel

Joint Base Andrews Passenger Travel Office

Comm: 301-981-7626/2867

DSN: 858-7626/2867

E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling Passenger Travel Office

Comm: 202-284-3053

DSN: 484-3053

E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

SATO (Commercial CONUS Travel)

Phone: 1-800-705-7286 / Email for JB Andrews customers: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Paying for Flights

All official travel must be arranged by the TMO, Passenger Travel section. Reimbursement of travel costs may not be granted if you self-procure travel without proper authorization specifically stated on official travel orders.

Individually Billed Account (IBA)

With an IBA, DoD member will, use a Government Travel Card (GTC) to pay for flight plans made at the Commercial Travel Office (CTO). The DoD member will then claim reimbursement by filling out a travel voucher during in-processing.

NOTE: CTO can book flights to/from alternate airports, but you must pay any costs above your travel entitlement.

Centrally Billed Account (CBA)

Use of a Centrally Billed Account (CBA) is authorized when the traveler meets the IBA exemption criteria in the Government Travel Card Regulation DoDI 5154.31, Volume 4, paragraphs 040601 and 040602. Additionally, the use of CBA should be stated on the orders.

NOTE: All authorized travel must go through TMO for review prior to going to CTO.

Booking Flight & Ticketing Process

All travel arrangements must be made through the Traffic Management Office (TMO) at your losing duty station.

  1. Determine your desired travel dates. Travel is from the airport nearest to your losing duty station (or location on orders) to the port of debarkation (arrival airport) on orders.
    TIP: Travelling with Pets? Pre-plan before going to Commercial Travel Office (CTO)
  2. Visit or contact your CTO (e.g. CWT, Sato Travel) with:
    • 2 copies of orders with dependents listed
    • Dependent No-Fee Passports with Visas, as applicable
    • Date of Birth (DOB) for each passenger
    NOTE: To get tickets, dependents names on no-fee passports and PCS orders must be an exact match
    NOTE: Infants will be given their own seat
  3. Provide the CTO with an email and point of contact
  4. The CTO will email your reservation (It is not a ticket)

Preparing for Flight Day

Ask your airline if you can carry certain childcare items onto the plane (i.e. strollers, pack-n-plays, and car seats)

  • Hand-carry medical, dental, and school records
  • Hand-carry important family documents
  • Hand-carry pet documentation, pet food and supplies
  • Ensure you have contact info for your overseas sponsor, hotel, etc.
  • Sign up for free call/message apps on phone/tablet
  • Bring an International adapters (great for overseas layovers)

Arriving at your new duty location

Coordinate travel from the airport to the base with your sponsor. 

NOTE: Keep receipts for travel reimbursement