Child Care Prep
Before PCSing, if you know where you are renting/buying, get a head start on your family’s school registration. This will be a big help to you once you’re in the NCR - trust us, we know! There’s a lot going on when you first arrive.
Child Care for PCS Program
See if you qualify!! The Air Force Aid Society program offers Air Force families up to 20 hours of free child care per child on a space available basis within 60 days of arrival or departure to/from the base.
Early Reservations: Are highly recommended because slots fill up quickly. Reservations may be made up to 4 weeks in advance by the parent or sponsor of incoming personnel.
Voucher Required: To receive the care for free, a PCS child care voucher must be obtained from the Airman and Family Readiness Center and be provided to youth programs.
Request for care click here!
Child Development Centers and Youth Program Services
Note that the Pentagon does not have any Child Development Centers (CDC) or Youth Programs.
- To get on the wait list for any of the CDCs, please visit Military Child Care
- Myer-Henderson-Hall (Ft Myer specifically) has the closest CDC and Youth Program to the Pentagon
- Please refer to the links on our Home page for more information on the programs located at the 11 FSS at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling and the 316 FSS at Joint Base Andrews.
- If nothing is availabe, please visit Child Care Aware
- CCA may also provide an offset to help cover the cost difference