Accessibility Tools

Skip to main content

Passports & Visas

Important Passport & Visa Info

Active Duty members and their dependents permanently assigned overseas must obtain official passports prior to arrival. Members and families will receive residency cards after arrival with assistance from the Community Liaison Office. It is HIGHLY recommended that all active duty and dependents obtain tourist passports for leisure travel. Contact your losing base passport office and consult the Foreign Clearance Guide prior to travel.  

Official Passport

Your No-Fee Passport is for official travel such as; PCS, ETS, TDY, or travel between non-U.S. country and the U.S.

Before traveling, inbound civilians and dependent family members who are U.S. citizens must apply for a No-Fee Passport at a Military Passport Office at your current base.  Members and dependents must travel on their No-Fee Official Passports when PCSing. Non-U.S. citizens must apply for a country of origin passport. Take the following original or certified documents:


    DS-11: Complete if never had an Official or Dependent passport (always used for children regardless of previous passport)

    DS-82: Complete when renewing Official or Dependent (renewal application can be used ONLY IF the following apply):  Renewing the same type of passport (Dependent or Official), Was at least 16 years old when passport was issued, Can submit that particular passport with application, Passport was issued less than 15 years ago OR my name has changed by marriage or court order and can submit proper documentation to reflect my name change.

    Applications can be completed online, follow their directions, then print the application.

    NOTE: DO NOT SIGN until in front of a passport agent.


    Common Access Cards, Driver's License, other forms of Military Identifications.


    Original or Certified copy of court documents showing legal name changes, custody documents, adoption, etc.


    If one parent cannot be physically present to sign, a Notarized statement, DS Form 3053 (ORIGINAL) can be submitted with application. Form must have Identification portion completed, cannot be checked "Other" and state "Personally known to me" by Notary. A copy of the Identification used (front and back) MUST accompany form. If only one parent is listed on the birth certificate, the one listed will be the only one needing to sign for child

Process can take 8 or more weeks.


May be required at some locations.  

Tourist Passport

Tourist Passports are required for leisure travel outside of the U.S. (or host nation). It can take up to 8 weeks to process a tourist passport in Europe. Apply for a Tourist Passport prior to leaving the U.S. to avoid delays in travel!

Apply for tourist passports at any U.S. Post Office or go online.

Member is responsible for fees incurred to obtain a tourist passport.

  • Aviano Air Base Passport Office

    Aviano Passport Office
    Via Pordenone
    52, 33080 Aviano PN, Italy
    Area F Bldg. 1413 Rm #142
    Tel: 0434-30-4718 (Option 6)
    E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


  • U.S. Embassy in Hungary

    American Citizen Services, U.S. Embassy
    Szabadság tér 12.
    H-1054 Budapest
    Tel: (36-1) 475-4164
    E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Download the AF Connect App

  • Scheduled closures & unexpected delays
  • News
  • Events
  • Phone Directory
  • Housing Help
  • Airmen & Families info

appstore googleplay