School Liaison Office
Contact the School Liason Offices:
School Liaisons can help with:
- School Enrollment Assistance: Connect with your School Liaison before and after you move.
- Link between Schools, Families, & Command: School Liaisons are subject matter resource experts for grades K-12 and can help address educational issues and needs.
- Homeschool Support: School Liaisons provide homeschooled families with information regarding federal and local policies along with educational opportunities.
School Liaisons can also provide families with educational resources such as:
- EFMP and developmental intervention resources
- Child & Youth Behavioral Program led by MFLCs
- Elementary and Adolescent Support Counselor
Home schooling has become an option used by an increasing number of families throughout the nation, including military families. If you live in Prince George's County and chose to homeschool your child, you will need to file a Notice of Intent to Homeschool with the PGCPS Homeschooling Office. For homeschooled students assigned to Joint Base Andrews, there are a few local home education organizations available to provide advice, mentoring, and collaboration. Call the SLO for a list of home school organizations and detailed information on the homeschooling process.
DC Public Charter Schools offers an online program if you would prefer that your children are educated at home (grades K-8). For more information, go to Friendship Public Charter School Online (FPCSO),
- National Home Education Research Institute
- Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA)
- Military Interstate Children’s Compact Commission
- Home School Association for Military Families
- DoDEA Virtual High School Home U.S. Department of Education
- Free Online Tutoring for Military Students
- STOMP Specialized Training of Military Parents