Accessibility Tools

Skip to main content

Travel Allowance

Submitting Travel Voucher

When you arrive you will need to fill out vouchers for authorized reimbursable expenses, such as travel, and per diem.  You may have an inprocessing appointment or you may have to do them on your own.  For more assistance click here.

If you are not serviced by JBA, go to the CPTS Portal to find your servicing finance office.

Reimbursable Expenses

Reimbursable expenses may include flights, mileage and tolls to airport or to ship POV, or approved excess baggage fees. Keep receipts! Expenses associated with rental cars or pet travel are not reimbursable. Personally procured move expenses can be claimed with TMO.

How to pay for all the travel?

If your family needs financial assistance to help pay for travel expenses before you are reimbursed, check out these options:

Government Travel Card (GTC)

  • All Airmen on official government travel will be issued a GTC for permissible expenses while on official travel orders. GTCs may not be used while on leave status.
  • Unpaid GTC bills charge a $29 late payment fee after it becomes 60 days delinquent. Unpaid GTC bills can impact an Airman’s personal credit score. Consult the unit’s Agency Program Coordinator for details and to be placed in Mission Critical Status prior to departure.

Base Pay Advance

  • Base pay advance may be advanced for both military and civilians, please check with the Finance Office for applicability.
  • Review all options before taking a PCS pay advance. This must be paid back within 12 months. Certain situations require CC signature. Contact the Finance office for more information.

A&FRC: Air Force Aid Bridge Loan

  • Military members may contact 811 FSS/A&FRC for info on zero interest loan options. (This is not offered at CPTS/Finance, you must contact A&FRC)

Download the AF Connect App

  • Scheduled closures & unexpected delays
  • News
  • Events
  • Phone Directory
  • Housing Help
  • Airmen & Families info

appstore googleplay